Town announces vacancies on boards, commissions

The Town of Plainville has openings on the following boards/commissions:
Zoning Board of Appeals – varies the zoning regulations where, due to specific hardship, a resident seeks relief from zoning standards. The board is also charged with reviewing applications for the suitability of locations of gas stations and auto repairers and dealers, as well as hearing appeals from the orders of the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
Inland Wetlands Commission – protects the wetlands and watercourses within the Town of Plainville.
Conservation Commission – concerned with the development, conservation, supervision and regulation of natural resources. Events include river cleanups, Nature Park cleanup and Annual Kid’s Fishing Derby,
Central Connecticut Regional Tourism District – serve as liaison between the town and the region, update the town about state and regional information and events, and aquatint fellow representatives about new or closed businesses, and upcoming events. The board meets quarterly: September, December, March and June. The meetings are held the second Thursday of the month at 5 p.m. at various locations.
If you are a registered voter in the Town of Plainville and wish to serve on one of these boards or committees, contact the Town Manager’s Office at (860) 793-0221 x205 and request an application.